Friday, April 9, 2010

And so it begins...

Welcome to my Governing Council 2010 Blog. I'll be attending my 15th 14th Governing Council and I believe this is my fourth year blogging from the event.

The original purpose of my blog was to provide my home club board members with updates of what is happening at Governing Council. I started sharing it with individuals beyond the board members and then, last year, with the combination of Facebook and Twitter publicity, the audience for the blog grew significantly bigger.

During the pre-meeting activities, I'll try to share information from the session I attend, but obviously I cannot be at all of the sessions and when it comes to the Sectional Caucus meeting, I'll be attending the Midwest caucus since, well, I'm in the Midwest Section. I'll be tweeting when I can - you can follow me @MEHarty. 

I'm planning on attending the Athlete Advisory Committee dinner on Friday night and I'll share pictures from that evening.

This coming Monday night, April 12th, I'll be attending a meeting that is hosted annually by the Twin City Figure Skating Association to learn about the potential bylaw changes and the various Requests for Action. It's a huge benefit to have the background information prior to Governing Council.  The three Sectional Vice Presidents will be covering the Governing Council materials during their monthly call.

So, welcome to my blog. Stay tuned because I most likely won't be posting again until the week of Governing Council unless I find something interesting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment